[Vision2020] "Depression 2009" has 4.5 Million Listings on Google

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 23 23:52:02 PST 2008

It seems like people on the V are not interested in talking about the big possibility of a depression.

It seems to me that this is happening, and nobody seems to know how to fix it. I have done some research on past economic recessions and depressions. It seems a lot like the depression of 1873 which lasted until 1897, the worst of it being over within 7 years. It was know as the Long Depression, or great depression until the depression of the 1930s.

My fear is that the US Government is giving money to businesses to produce products for people that don't have jobs or money to buy the products they are trying to sell. They are dumping money and resources down the drain.

My second fear is that they will just print tax rebates, that again will just weaken the dollar and people will not spend it because they still do not have a job or income.

What I think is that the government should create jobs. Tax those at the top, and create government jobs that rebuild the infrastructure of the country. We should also shift resources being brought in from other countries and use our own. We could subsidize the difference in price between a foreign product versus a domestic.

The second thing I think we need to do is regulate the oil prices, like we do home energy and power. Businesses and households cannot make predictions on costs when gas and oil is $2 one month and $4.50 the next, then $5 another, followed by $2.50. It makes business reserve enough for the $5. Businesses and households need to have a reasonable sense of what their costs are going to be to plan ahead and make good decisions.

My final issue would be to create a socialized health care system for those that want it. Allow people to pay 10% of their income to the government in exchange for health care. This would eliminate the need for workers to have to  accept only jobs that require health care. It would allow businesses to get quality workers without providing health care benifiets. This would keep families from losing everything to health bills just because they lose their job. It would also lower costs for those that are still on private health care because it would require health insurance companies to offer competative rates and coverage with that of a socialized system.

What do you guys think we should do? Do you think the depression is real? How bad do you think it is going to get? How long do you think it will last?

Best Regards,

Donovan