[Vision2020] California Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage

Joseph Campbell josephc at wsu.edu
Thu Nov 20 12:37:51 PST 2008

That is not the issue. The issue is who decides whether gay marriage is OK?
The general CA public, by popular vote? Or the California Supreme Court? I
think that the latter is a better judge. Why? Let¹s ask the same question
about your right to free speech, or mine. I don¹t want the general CA public
to decide whether or not I have that right, and I¹m sure you would agree.
What makes marriage different? I don¹t want them to tell me who I should
marry either. Do you? Tell me that you don¹t see a problem with letting the
public decide who you can and cannot marry?