[Vision2020] California Supreme Court to Take Up Gay Marriage

Joseph Campbell josephc at wsu.edu
Thu Nov 20 11:02:50 PST 2008

Bill has it right. There is nothing scary about the idea that the average
person is not an expert about constitutional rights.

Kai, do you think your right to free speech is a matter of public opinion,
that you would have no right to speech if the general public said so?

Your right to free speech is not a matter of popular opinion. And neither is
any other right. I¹m thankful for that, and not just because you¹re a fellow
Wildcat!

Joe