[Vision2020] The Lord's Day

J Ford privatejf35 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 16 15:54:48 PST 2008

Morning“Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.”

“Already you are clean because of the word that
I have spoken to
you.”—Let the word of Christ
dwell in you richly, . . . in all wisdom.

How
can a young man keep his way pure?
By guarding it according to your
word. With
my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander
from your
commandments!

Wisdom will come into your heart, and knowledge

will be pleasant to your soul; discretion will watch
over you,
understanding will guard you.

“My foot has held fast to his
steps; I have kept
his way and have not turned aside. I have not

departed from the commandment of his lips; I have
treasured the words
of his mouth more than my
portion of food.”

—I have more understanding
than all my teachers,
for your testimonies are my meditation.—“If you
abide
in my word, you are truly my disciples, and you will
know the
truth, and the truth will set you free.”

John 17:17; John 15:3; Col. 3:16; Ps. 119:9, 10;
Prov. 2:10, 11; Job 23:11, 12; Ps. 119:99; John 8:31, 32

EveningFellow citizens with the saints.

You have come to Mount Zion and to the city of the living God,
the
heavenly Jerusalem, and to innumerable angels in festal
gathering, and
to the assembly of the firstborn who are
enrolled in heaven, and to
God, the judge of all, and to the
spirits of the righteous made perfect.

These
all died in faith, not having received the things promised,
but having
seen them and greeted them from afar, and having
acknowledged that they
were strangers and exiles on the earth.
—Our citizenship is in heaven,
and from it we await a Savior,
the Lord Jesus Christ, who will
transform our lowly body to be
like his glorious body, by the power
that enables him even to
subject all things to himself.—The
Father . . . has delivered us
from the domain of darkness and
transferred us to the kingdom
of his beloved Son.

I urge you as sojourners and exiles to abstain from the passions
of the flesh, which wage war against your soul.

Eph. 2:19; Heb. 12:22, 23; Heb. 11:13; Phil. 3:20, 21; Col. 1:12, 13;
1 Pet. 2:11