[Vision2020] "unpleasant death as a result of disease or illness".

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Fri Nov 14 10:36:02 PST 2008

Exactly, Roger -

I can give a tinker's damn on which side of the political aisle you hang
your hat.  When it comes to decisions concerning prolonging a painful and
diseased life, that decision should be made after careful consideration by
the affected parties, NOT the government.

If my wife were suffering to the point where life only served to prolong
pain, I would honor her expressed wishes.  And if the government were to
initervene and say, "No, Mr. Hansen.  Her continued agony will be
maintained because we think it's right," well, then . . . they might as
well bury me with her, because if it is the very last thing I do on this
mortal coil, it will be to honor her wishes.

> Tom
> This is much like the living will my mother had. She wanted pain killers
but no life
support measures.

Roger