[Vision2020] LGBT Rights demonstration Saturday

Bill London london at moscow.com
Thu Nov 13 11:03:48 PST 2008

       JOIN THE IMPACT:

        NATION-WIDE PROTEST FOR LGBTQ RIGHTS!
        WHEN: This SATURDAY 11/15/08

        Moscow City Hall Steps, 10:30 a.m.

        Bring a sign ("Equality for all", Marriage for Everyone, etc.)

        or there will be signs available on site

        8:30AM

        HST
       10:30AM

        West Coast
       11:30AM Mountain
       12:30PM

        Central
       1:30PM East Coast

  Our Local Moscow Demonstration on Saturday will be "anchored" by Ken Faunce and members of the Human Rights Task Force.  All are welcome to stand in solidarity for about a half hour to hold and wave signs as people pass by the City Hall.

  Background details from Join the Impact:

  "Election night was a bitter-sweet celebration. We came together to witness the first black man who will become our president, yet watched in sadness as Florida, Arizona, Arkansas, and California all voted down equal rights for all citizens - specifically ballot measures against LGBT marriage and adoption.
  This is not a 4 state issue. This is an issue of equality across America. Stand up and make your voice heard. Visit the main www.jointheimpact.com to learn more, or read our mission statement."