[Vision2020] obama election / gun purchases

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Tue Nov 11 12:19:37 PST 2008

Chas
What he has said
"I am consistency on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry" Chicago Tribune 4/27/04
" I believe in keeping guns out of the inner cities and that our leaders must say so in the face of th gun manufactures lobby" The Audacity of Hope 2006
"I think that local jurisdictions have the capacity to institute thier own gun laws" Baltimore Sun.com 2/15/08

What he does
He voted to allow the prosecution of people who use a firearm for self-defense in their homes. illinois Senate, S.B. 2165, vote 20, 3/25/04
He supported increasing taxes on firearms and ammunition by 500 percent. Chicago Defender, 12/13/99
He voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry. United Sates Senate, S. 397, vote 219, 7/29/05
He indorsed a ban on all handguns.  Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, 9/9/96
He voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sports shooting. United States Senate, S. 397, vote 217, 7/29/05
Roger