[Vision2020] obama election / gun purchases

Kai Eiselein, Editor editor at lataheagle.com
Tue Nov 11 12:19:05 PST 2008

Oh! Drat you, Snidely Whiplash! You've caught my over-dramatic statement!

Or not.

1996- Independent Voters of Illinois questionnaire:
35. Do you support state legislation to:
a. ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns? Yes.
b. ban assault weapons? Yes.
c. mandatory waiting periods and background checks? Yes. (We already have these)
(The Obama camp claims a staffer filled out the form, but his handwriting was on it. Hmmmmmm.)

1998 IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test

Principles that Obama supports on gun issues:
Ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.
Increase state restrictions on the purchase and possession of firearms.
Require manufacturers to provide child-safety locks with firearms.