[Vision2020] Idaho "implied consent" theory and practice

Ron Force rforce2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 09:56:56 PST 2008

If you refuse to submit to the test, here's what happens:

"If you are pulled over for a suspected DUI, you must submit to a
blood, breath or urine test as per the Idaho Implied Consent Law,
18-8002A.  The statute reads as follows:

“If you refuse to submit to or if you fail to complete and pass
evidentiary testing for alcohol or other intoxicating substances:
	* The peace officer will seize your driver's license and issue a
notice of suspension and a temporary driving permit to you, but no
peace officer will issue you a temporary  driving permit if your
driver's license or permit has already been and is suspended or
revoked. No peace officer shall issue a temporary driving permit to a
driver of a commercial vehicle who refuses to submit to or fails to
complete and pass an evidentiary test.

	* If you refused or failed to complete evidentiary testing and do not
request a hearing before the court or do not prevail at the hearing,
your driver's license will be suspended. The suspension will be for one
year if this is your first refusal. The suspension will be for two (2)
years if this is your second refusal within ten (10) years. You will
not be able to obtain a temporary restricted license during that
period."Source: Idahodrivinguniversity.com

 Ron Force
Moscow, Idaho USA