[Vision2020] San Francisco Handgun Ban Overturned

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 9 21:06:21 PST 2008

This is a replay for Dan and Kai from earlier this year where a ban in San Francisco was overturned by the CA Supreme Court.

http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2008/01/14/san-francisco-handgun-ban-overturned-msm-yawn

The ban was not overturned on grounds of the Second Amendment even
though it easily would have been had this case made it to the Supreme
Court.  Maybe you guys should push for a ban against constitutional
challenges if you think that would make this country safer.  I don't
think it would since it would be restricting others rights.  For better and not for worse, the legal knife cuts in both directions.

And I agree with Ken's reply about who's rights will be taken away next.  California's prop 8 state constitutional amendment granted no increased rights to anyone and instead took rights away.  What a disgrace.

-Scott