[Vision2020] Don't you get it? EVERYONE'S rights are in peril!

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Nov 8 10:29:44 PST 2008

Returning this thread to its rightful topic -

The last question submitted to this forum concerned Idaho's HJR (House
Joint Resolution) 2 that ultimately resulted in amending the state
constitution to deprive a sizeable constituency of its rights guarantedd
by the 14th amendment to the US Constitution.

The question was phrased similarly to . . .

Since many of you are upset by California's passage of its Proposition 8,
banning same-sex marriages, why aren't you fighting against Idaho's HJR 2?

Although I do live in the state of Idaho, the potential to immediately (or
in the short-term) overturn a "faith-based" amendment to the Idaho
constitution, is far less likely than the potential for overturning a
similar amendment in California where the momentum is far greater in our
favor.

Once the California amendment is overturned (and it is a matter of "when",
not "if"), the groundwork would be in place to pursue the amendment to the
Idaho constitution.

As a matter of interest, I do have several recorded MP3's (regarding HJR
2) from KUOI and KRFP interviews conducted in September/October 2006.

Note to self:  I really must transfer my MP3's, AVI's, WMV's, and MP4's to
CD (interviews, debates, County BoE videos, etc. etc. dating back to June
1998).  They consume far too much memory on two hard-drives.

Later, Latah.

Seeya round town, Moscow.