[Vision2020] Don't you get it? EVERYONE'S rights are in peril!

Scott Dredge scooterd408 at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 22:42:19 PST 2008

How badly can you possibly get beaten up in your tax filing next April?  First, if you think Obama taking office in 2009 can retroactively jack up the tax rate for 2008, you're giving him way, Way, WAY more credit of his power reach then I think is even possible in American government.  And second, you must be making a crap load of money to begin with if you're worried about a significant tax hike on income - and that is actually a pretty nice 'problem' to have so I don't exactly have a whole lot of sympathy for you if sympathy is what you're looking for by claiming that you're going to get badly beaten up paying taxes next year.  Alright...I'll give cut you some slack and say Boo-Hoo!  By the way, have you seen the latest unemployment numbers?  They're HUGE!!!  Me personally, I'd be happy paying significantly more taxes under Obama because it would translate to me making more of an income under Obama than under Bush.

If you're so tax averse, then avoid generating taxable income.  It's not that difficult.  I have 2 friends that pay no taxes.  One doesn't have a social security number, lives on a boat, and makes about $15k per year under the table doing odd jobs because he would rather not make triple that amount working for a company if it means paying taxes to our evil government.  The second one (OK maybe friend is a stretch here....he is a bitter crusty guy who hates my guts because I joke around too much for him) rents a barn to live in, drives around a beat up 1972 Firebird, and at one point had an ungodly net worth due to the value of his stock holdings since he was employee #7 of a small high tech firm turned big that was ultimately acquired (and significantly overpaid for) by a big company.  So what was the problem?  Selling any of that stock would mean writing that much too painful to write check to the hated IRS and to the State.  Better to ride that stock all the way from its high of $88 per share down to 88 cents per share, completely avoid paying taxes because for some odd reason that's of paramount importance, and then claim 'I was right all along!!!' when 10 years prior you stated that 'this crappy company ain't going to amount to anything'.

Also, you're concerned about a potentially unfair mistrust or suspicion if Obama's campaign promises are unfulfilled?  I'm sure you're joking about this.

-Scott