[Vision2020] Brotherly love and Palin (was Palin Thinks Africa)

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 10:44:21 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 10:03, lfalen <lfalen at turbonet.com> wrote:

> What I dislike is for people to belittle Palin over what I think is a false rumor and don't do the same about Obama lack of knowledge on geography (57 state) . For the record I think this was a slip of the tongue and he knows full well how many state there are.

Except that people did belittle Obama for his slip of the tongue,
which is how you know about it.  Palin not understanding that Africa
is a continent is an entirely different matter -- not a slip of the
tongue, but a gap in knowledge that would appall me in any minimally
educated adult.

For the record, I've had adults ask me why I didn't drive back from
the United Kingdom, and who didn't realize that it was possible to
drive to South America, yet were somehow under the impression that you
could drive from Argentina to South Korea.

So geography is a weak point for many.  But it shouldn't be for a
vice-presidential candidate.