[Vision2020] Remembrances of elections past

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 21:05:55 PST 2008

Thanks for the great story, Brent.

I was born when Eisenhower was still president, though Kennedy had
been elected.  I was tortured for at least a decade by tearful girls
recounting their memories of Kennedy's assassination, when of course
they remembered nothing of the sort.  This usually occurred during
book reports of Profiles in Courage, which most of them had not read.
I spent most of my years until I was 13 despairing that I was too
young to flee to Canada, because I knew that Johnson was going to get
me killed in Vietnam.

Very little ends up as one expects.  Draw what analogies you will.