[Vision2020] Intelligent Design vs. Evolution Debate

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sat May 31 19:54:54 PDT 2008

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Ted Moffett <starbliss at gmail.com> wrote:

> If the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster, "cooking" graphs,
> and radioactive carbon dating results, may be divinely endorsed pursuits,
> given the possible culinary focus of an all powerful spaghetti monster:

I consider the Flying Spaghetti Monster as reasonable and rational an
explanation for the universe as any other.

As far as the Intelligent Design vs. Evolution debate itself goes,
I've never understood the appeal of the ID argument, as it doesn't
answer anything, but just postpones the question, in the sense that we
are now left to ponder the incept date of the purported Designer,
wondering whether He/She/It/They were designed by an earlier Designer,
or evolved.  Replacing one elegant explanation with a chicken-and-egg
riddle seems asinine.

Chas