[Vision2020] Intelligent Design vs. Evolution Debate

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat May 31 15:28:01 PDT 2008

I especially enjoyed the graph (found at the lower URL, not the URL
immediately below), linking pirates to the temperature record, after reading
climate scientist Ray Pierre's piece,

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/2008/05/how-to-cook-a-graph-in-three-easy-lessons/#more-567

in which he exposes the misleading graph sourced from global warming
inactivist scientist Roy Spencer, in the astonishing Wall Street
Journal article from 1997, that pontificated that "Science Has Spoken:
Global Warming is a Myth."  Fraudulent "gastronomical" graphs are published
to mislead a gullible public about climate science, from Roy Spencer, the
Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine (I mean "malarkey," excuse me), the
Heartland Institute, et. al.

If the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster, "cooking" graphs,
and radioactive carbon dating results, may be divinely endorsed pursuits,
given the possible culinary focus of an all powerful spaghetti monster:

http://www.venganza.org/about/open-letter/

>From URL above:

Some find that hard to believe, so it may be helpful to tell you a little
more about our beliefs. We have evidence that a Flying Spaghetti Monster
created the universe. None of us, of course, were around to see it, but we
have written accounts of it. We have several lengthy volumes explaining all
details of His power. Also, you may be surprised to hear that there are over
10 million of us, and growing. We tend to be very secretive, as many people
claim our beliefs are not substantiated by observable evidence. What these
people don't understand is that He built the world to make us think the
earth is older than it really is. For example, a scientist may perform a
carbon-dating process on an artifact. He finds that approximately 75% of the
Carbon-14 has decayed by electron emission to Nitrogen-14, and infers that
this artifact is approximately 10,000 years old, as the half-life of
Carbon-14 appears to be 5,730 years. But what our scientist does not realize
is that every time he makes a measurement, the Flying Spaghetti Monster is
there changing the results with His Noodly Appendage. We have numerous texts
that describe in detail how this can be possible and the reasons why He does
this. He is of course invisible and can pass through normal matter with
ease.