[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Sali's concerns put spotlight on ID cards issued by Mexico

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Mon May 26 23:36:14 PDT 2008

Paul writes:

  Some people have limited horizons with respect to how they view the
world around them.  They only have a few topics on the forefront of
their minds, and everything starts to relate to those.

  Yeah, lots of people are like that. Some people are totally autistic like that. Others are ADHD and cannot concentrate on any single thing. Most people however, are somewhere in the middle. They cannot get obsessed with anything. I however, believe that all kinds of people are needed to make the world spin, and that is why God made us all different.

   On other occasions, you derail a thread completely with
trollish comments and insults, and act all "what, why are you attacking

me?" when they respond in kind.  At other times, your insults are more
subtle, such as the one you threw my way in your first response to me
on this topic: "Well, if you don't see that as a problem, then I don't
think anyone could convince you of anything being a problem."

Well, Paul, that is because I have trouble understanding what is insulting to other people, and they me. I insult people all the time, simply because I say something the wrong way, or just don't think it is insulting. I don't intentionally say anything to anyone that is offensive unless they first said something to me. I honestly didn't think what I said to you offensive.

"Any opinions about whether or not banking, financial, and governmental
institutions should change their policies regarding consular IDs, as
opposed to blocking the entire consulate from being placed in this
state?"

  That is what they have now in Boise already. The only reason they expand the office is to handle the ID Cards, that is the biggest part.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Paul Rumelhart <godshatter at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I wish there was a name for this little bit of wisdom I've learned; I'll
try to get it across anyway.

Some people have limited horizons with respect to how they view the
world around them. They only have a few topics on the forefront of
their minds, and everything starts to relate to those. You've had
friends that say the same things to you time and time again, right?
They repeat the same old remarks, talk about the same subjects, and
often forget that they've mentioned that to you a couple of times
before. One corollary to this idea is that if your significant other
starts accusing you out-of-the-blue of infidelity, you can be assured
nine times out of ten that they are cheating on you. Anyway, I'm just
reminded of this because of your response. I've seen mostly childish
remarks from you, directed at anyone you correspond with. Sometimes you
can stick with the topic of debate for three or four posts, for which I
commend you. On other occasions, you derail a thread completely with
trollish comments and insults, and act all "what, why are you attacking
me?" when they respond in kind. At other times, your insults are more
subtle, such as the one you threw my way in your first response to me on
this topic: "Well, if you don't see that as a problem, then I don't
think anyone could convince you of anything being a problem."

That's my free psychoanalysis of you, for what it's worth. I greatly
suspect that our conversations won't last long, because I doubt you can
stick to the topics of debate for very long without all the added remarks.

Any opinions about whether or not banking, financial, and governmental
institutions should change their policies regarding consular IDs, as
opposed to blocking the entire consulate from being placed in this state?

Paul