[Vision2020] Power Outage?

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sun May 25 20:35:41 PDT 2008

Clearwater Power, a non-profit rural power cooperative (you pay a member fee
to join the CO-OP), supplying electricity to many rural customers in Latah
County, has power outages so commonly, expecting them once or twice a month
is wise.  Some of the outages are just long enough to leave the proverbial
blinking VCR clock lights, other times much longer.  Sometimes they call to
alert customers for a planned outage to repair or upgrade service, often
there is no notice.  This is expected for rural electricity service, given
the long distances with few customers per mile of power line, with long
distances involved to service problems.  If you want guaranteed 24/7 heat in
the winter as a Clearwater Power customer, a supplement to electric heat is
a must, given the number of and likelihood of power outages.

Avista customers have far fewer power outages than Clearwater customers, as
far as my experience.

Ted Moffett, Clearwater Power customer