[Vision2020] [Idaho Atheists] Everyone Deserves Death

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed May 21 23:21:50 PDT 2008

On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 10:35 PM, Donovan Arnold
<donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is a shame you have wasted what God has given you on selfishness. I have
> never considered you a friend, because you never were one to me, just a
> user.

I have been one of the only friends that you have, whether you are
aware of that or not.  I've known you since we were both members of
the QSA (or maybe you joined after it became the GSA; I don't
recollect).  I have defended you from slurs, offered you good advice,
invited you to coffee when I was warned that it was a bad idea, and
tried consistently to have an honest dialogue with you long after most
others had abandoned it as a lost cause.

> You have always been intellectually dishonest. You care for nobody but
> yourself unless it benefits you personally. You insult masses of people just
> to get back at the one person you don't like.

I do care for myself a great deal, I confess.  This hasn't always been
the case.  Now that I've got the hang of it, I recommend it to
everyone.  As for being intellectually dishonest and insulting masses
of people, I guess I'm going to have to disagree.  Notice that I
didn't use the adverb "respectfully."  I do insult people who have
taken enormous pains to deserve it, as you have done.

> You disrespect your country, family, God, and others you disagree with.

I don't respect my country, but neither do I disrespect it, as I don't
associate that emotion with geography.  I don't respect God, as it
would be like respecting Santa Claus.  I do respect my family,
enormously.  Sometimes I respect those I disagree with, and sometimes
I don't.  The two aren't necessarily connected.  It depends on the
strength of, and the reason for, the disagreement.

> You don't even have enough dignity to try and get a job, make a living, and support your children. You
> instead, live like a leach and burden on others, family, children, friends,
> the taxpayer, and community while having the audacity to ridicule others
> that are self reliant. You expect, no demand, the world take care of you.

I have a job.  The hours have been reduced, unfortunately.  I have
been employed without interruption since you were a little boy.  And I
mean that literally: without interruption.  As for the rest, don't be
silly.  You don't know my personal circumstances anywhere near well
enough to make accurate statements about my life.

> Chas, you don't do anything productive for anybody but yourself. You have
> accomplished nothing this far in your life, with no excuse but selfishness
> as the cause. You just exist to take up space and spew
> your ultra-liberal views like you know everything, but really, in actually,
> know nothing. Clearly, it is you that needs the pity and charity of others.

I am selfish, but I am occasionally productive.  The problem is, I'm
not very motivated.  I'm also not very disciplined.  As for
accomplishments, I am the proud father of two happy, productive,
disciplined, and successful daughters.  If I never accomplish anything
more, that will be enough.  I do like to spew my ultra-liberal views,
as accused.  Except that I tend to think of it as disseminating
enlightenment to the masses, naturally, as I am fairly vain.  Lastly,
we all need the pity and charity of others, at some point in our
lives.  That's what makes us human.  I'm quite happily human.

Chas