[Vision2020] [Idaho Atheists] Everyone Deserves Death

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed May 21 22:35:02 PDT 2008

Chas,

  I didn't want to go down this road, and I hate returning your vitriol with more vitriol, but I feel forced to respond.

  It is a shame you have wasted what God has given you on selfishness. I have never considered you a friend, because you never were one to me, just a user. You have always been intellectually dishonest. You care for nobody but yourself unless it benefits you personally. You insult masses of people just to get back at the one person you don't like. You disrespect your country, family, God, and others you disagree with. You don't even have enough dignity to try and get a job, make a living, and support your children. You instead, live like a leach and burden on others, family, children, friends, the taxpayer, and community while having the audacity to ridicule others that are self reliant. You expect, no demand, the world take care of you. Chas, you don't do anything productive for anybody but yourself. You have accomplished nothing this far in your life, with no excuse but selfishness as the cause. You just exist to take up space and spew your ultra-liberal views like you
 know everything, but really, in actually, know nothing. Clearly, it is you that needs the pity and charity of others.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Wed, May 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM, Donovan Arnold
wrote:

> You missed the point. You are not trying to be honest, you are trying to be
> accusatory without taking the responsibility of the accusation. If you re
> not confident of negative assertion, don't assert it.

Donovan, I don't lie to you. The fact is, I don't lie to anybody. If
I am asked a question, I will answer it to the best of my ability, and
sometimes the best of my ability is an imprecise answer. I take lying
by omission as seriously as any other type of lie (which is very
seriously indeed), so I avoid it in all circumstances. Of course, I'm
not perfect, so sometimes the lies happen. If I discover that I have
lied, I admit it, and, when appropriate, ask for forgiveness, and make
necessary amends.

If I say that I think I remember an ad hominem attack, then it is the
truth. I can't give any other answer, because that would be lying by
omission. I've been married for 27 years, and a father for 24. I've
never lied to my wife or to my children. If I lied to them, where
would be the trust? If you don't have trust in a relationship, where
is the relationship? I apply this standard to relationships intimate
and casual, online and offline.

> I am sorry you are limited to only believing the tiny universe of what you
> can see, touch, and understand. But try having some respect for those that
> do believe in something more than you--if not because you respect what they
> believe but that you respect them.

Donovan, I don't respect you. I want to make this clear. I pity you,
and I feel guilty at times for perhaps adding to your burden, but you
lost any opportunity for my respect long ago. Sitting at One Word
Cafe, conversing face-to-face, you can be personable. Sometimes, you
say (or type) something that reveals intelligence and insight. But
you sabotage these good qualities by possessing not a single shred of
intellectual honesty, and by using your mental disability as a crutch
for bad behavior, as you also use the cross.

Bizarrely, I haven't written you off as a friend. I have very close
friends who are endowed with all of your bad qualities, and more. I
use the word "endowed" because I don't believe that we are entirely
responsible for our personalities, so I won't hold yours against you.

You are right, the word Xtian can be used to deliberately offend.
I've probably used it that way. Do I care that it offends you? No,
for reasons that I have already given. If I worried that I offended
every small-minded person that I encountered, I would sit on my hands
in a dark room, duct tape across my mouth, day after day, taking
breaks only for the bathroom and for nourishment. That isn't how I
choose to live my life.

Chas