[Vision2020] [Idaho Atheists] Everyone Deserves Death

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 17:33:10 PDT 2008

Chas,

  I am unaware of any Ad hominem attack against Ralph, and if you are unable to find it, I am unwilling to accept your assertion that I did. I have done my best to stick with the facts.

  Second, using "Xians" in place of "Christians", is offensive. A quick Google Search and you would know. Placing X in place of Christ, is offensive. Particularly people attacking my faith. You not thinking it so, or you saying it isn't so, doesn't make it any less offensive. You are NOT a Christian, so I don't see how you can say it shouldn't be to those of us that are.

  Third, I believe that Ralph is specially using that term to be intentionally offensive to those who's faith he doesn't share.

  Finally, your history lesson of:

  "X abbreviates the word Christ, from the Greek Christos. The word
Christos begins with the Greek letter Chi, which is written as X. It
has been used for centuries."

  Is not backed by anything I can find. Other then, of course knowing that X is Chi, not Christ. I understand this history to be Myth and Urban Legend, not factual. Nonetheless, it is just as equally offensive as knowing the history of other derogatory terms and language usage we know the history to and was not intended to offend.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Chasuk <chasuk at gmail.com> wrote:
  On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 2:31 PM, Donovan Arnold
wrote:

> Please provide evidence of where I made an ad hominem attack in this thread.

This thread has split and diverged too many times for me to summon
sufficient motivation for your proposed investigative task. However,
I do seem to recall at least one occasion in which you attacked Ralph
personally, rather than the argument, which is all that an ad hominem
attack requires.

> Also please explain why you use the term "Xian", which is grossly offense to
> many Christians?

X abbreviates the word Christ, from the Greek Christos. The word
Christos begins with the Greek letter Chi, which is written as X. It
has been used for centuries.

Nothing to cause offense here. Please move on. On the other hand,
some people wake up in the morning looking for things to cause
offense. You very well may be one of those people.

Chas

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com