[Vision2020] rebates

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat May 17 17:34:36 PDT 2008

And yet another reason why I opted for a hard-copy check . . .

>From USA Today:

"Some IRS tax rebate checks going to wrong accounts"
http://tinyurl.com/56vxdh

Stimulating isn't it?

Tom "1799" Hansen
Moscow, Idaho

> According to a story in the paper, the IRS sent the wrong amount to
> many. They are now sending letters with the correct amount. If the
> amount in the letter matches the amount on the check, it is OK to
> spend it. If the IRS sent too much, they will take (probably without
> notice) out of your account if you did a direct deposit. If they sent
> too little, you can claim the amount that is missing on next year's
> return.
>
> The first notice the IRS sent everyone (notice of goodies) cost $46
> million. Imagine how much the letters will cost. At least the post
> office is stimulated.
>
> Kit Craine
>

> On May 17, 2008, at 11:08 AM, Tom Hansen wrote:
>
> > A program responsible for distributing billions of dollars to
> > millions of people under the administrative control of Bush's US
> > Government.
> >
> > What can possibly go wrong?
> >
> > Hmmm.
> >
> > This is why I opted for a hard-copy check instead of direct deposit.
> >
> > Tom "1799" Hansen
> > Moscow, Idaho
> >

> > > Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 10:42:02 -0700
> > > From: godshatter at yahoo.com
> > > To: vision2020 at moscow.com
> > > Subject: [Vision2020] rebates
> > >
> > > I received an email from TurboTax that had the following table
> > that I
> > > thought I'd share with those who, like me, hadn't seen this
> > before. It
> > > tells you an upper bound on when your rebate check will be mailed
> > to you
> > > if you don't have direct deposit. If you do use direct deposit
> > but you
> > > have the fees deducted from your refund, your check will be
> > mailed to
> > > you instead of deposited.
> > >
> > > Last two # of SSN: Mailed no later than:
> > > 00 – 09 May 16
> > > 10 – 18 May 23
> > > 19 – 25 May 30
> > > 26 – 38 June 6
> > > 39 – 51 June 13
> > > 52 – 63 June 20
> > > 64 – 75 June 27
> > > 76 – 87 July 4
> > > 88 – 99 July 11
> > >

> > > Hope this is helpful.
> > >
> > > Paul

> > > List services made available by First Step Internet,
> > > serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
> > > http://www.fsr.net
> > > mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >                http://www.fsr.net

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)