[Vision2020] Again [was Interfaith Panel Thurs. May 15

Joe Campbell joekc at adelphia.net
Wed May 14 18:01:45 PDT 2008

"Don't"
--
Joe Campbell

---- Donovan Arnold <donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com> wrote:

=============
Andreas,

  You don't need laws to force people into a job because they are male, female, white, non-white, gay, straight, Jewish, catholics, etc. All you need to do is let people be who they are. If an individual is clearly discriminating, hold them accountable.

  I don't even think you need laws. Just rate each business, like you do Consumer's Report. If a business is rated horribly in discrimination, people would stop going to the business and it would disappear.

  Best Regards,

  Donovan

Andreas Schou <ophite at gmail.com> wrote:
  > No, I don't think we should ignore discrimination. But I don't think we
> should identify people based on their religion, race, creed, sexual
> orientation. gender etc. It is shallow. We should look at people based on
> merit and qualifications. Gender, race, creed, sexual orientation, religion,
> should not be factors in a job hunt or placement.

Great. Now you've identified the reason why there should be laws to ensure this.

-- ACS

List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com