[Vision2020] just sarcasm? no!

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Wed May 14 14:05:47 PDT 2008

This isn't so much a matter of being "white," as being a member of the
dominant culture.  In the US, being white automatically makes you a
member of thw dominant culture, just as, worldwide, being male makes
you a member of the dominant gender (excepting any anthropological
anomalies of which I am unaware).  In the US, then, being a white male
gives you an enormous amount of privilege.  In Kenya, being a black
male gives you a similar amount of privilege.

Of course, even in the US, you are sometimes discriminated against for
being a white male, but as an exception, rather than the rule.  As it
happens, I partially agree with you regarding affirmative action, but
this is a separate, and vastly complicated issue, as Bill Cosby has
recently shown.

You certainly like to attack, Donovan.  This you will probably claim
is a self-defense mechanism for being discriminated against  as a gay,
disabled, white male -- but only the first two carry any weight, and
then not very much.

Chas