[Vision2020] The Human Toll

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Tue May 13 15:12:36 PDT 2008

>From the May 19, 2008 edition of the Army Times -

-------------------------------

U.S. service members who died while supporting combat operations in Iraq,
confirmed by the Defense Department from May 2, 2008 through May 8, 2008:

Marine Lance Cpl. Casey L. Casanova, 22, of McComb, Mississippi; assigned to
the Combat Logistics Battalion 1, Combat Logistics Regiment 1, 1st Marine
Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.

Army Cpl. Jessica A. Ellis, 24, of Bend, Oregon; assigned to the 2nd Brigade
Special Troops Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division
(Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

Army Spc. Joseph A. Ford, 23, of Knox, Indiana; assigned to the 1st
Squadron, 152nd Cavalry Regiment, 76th Brigade Combat Team, Indiana National
Guard, New Albany, Indiana.

Army Spc. Alex D. Gonzalez, 21, of Mission, Texas; assigned to the 43rd
Combat Engineer Company, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, Fort Hood, Texas.

Marine Cpl. Miguel A. Guzman, 21, of Norwalk, California; assigned to the
Combat Logistics Battalion 1, Combat Logistics Regiment 1, 1st Marine
Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.

Army Spc. Mary J. Jaenichen, 20, of Temecula, California; assigned to the
Brigade Troops Battalion, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division,
Fort Stewart, Georgia.

Marine Lance Cpl. James F. Kimple, 21, of Carroll, Ohio; assigned to the
Combat Logistics Battalion 1, Combat Logistics Regiment 1, 1st Marine
Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.

Marine Sgt. Glen E. Martinez, 31, of Boulder, Colorado; assigned to the
Combat Logistics Battalion 1, Combat Logistics Regiment 1, 1st Marine
Logistics Group, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, California.

Army Pfc. Aaron J. Ward, 19, of San Jacinto, California; assigned to the
170th Military Police Company, 504th Military Police Battalion, 42nd
Military Police Brigade, Fort Lewis, Washington.

May 2, 2008 - May 8, 2008

Killed: 9; wounded in action: 93

March 19, 2003 - May 8, 2008

Killed: 4,062; wounded in action: 30,004

-------------------------------

The Following U.S. service members died while supporting combat operations
in Afghanistan, confirmed by the Defense Department from April 25, 2008
through May 1, 2008:

Army Pvt. Matthew W. Brown, 20, of Zelienople, Pennsylvania; assigned to the
3rd Battalion, 321st Field Artillery Regiment, 18th Fires Brigade
(Airborne), Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

Army Pfc. Ara T. Deysie, 18, of Parker, Arizona; assigned to the 1st
Squadron, 61st Cavalry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne
Division, Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

Army Spc. Jeremy R. Gullett, 22, of Greenup, Kentucky; assigned to the 4th
Battalion, 320th Field Artillery Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st
Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

Army Sgt. Isaac Palomarez, 26, of Loveland, Colorado; assigned to the 1st
Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne
Division, Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

Army Staff Sgt. Kevin C. Roberts, 25, of Farmington, New Mexico; assigned to
2nd Battalion, 506th Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 101st
Airborne Division (Air Assault), Fort Campbell, Kentucky.

May 2, 2008 - May 8, 2008

Killed: 5; Wounded in action: 7

Oct. 10, 2001 - May 8, 2008

Killed: 496; Wounded in action: 1,955

-------------------------------

National Guard (In Federal Status) and Reserve Mobilized

(as of May 7, 2008)

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/May2008/d20080507ngr.pdf

And the beat goes on . . .

"Bring 'em Home"

http://www.tomandrodna.com/Songs/Bring_em_Home.mp3

"If you love this land of the free

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

Bring them back from overseas

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

It will make the politicians sad, I know

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

They wanna tangle with their foe

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

They wanna test their grand theories

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

With the blood of you and me

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

Now we'll give no more brave young lives

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

For the gleam in someone's eyes

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

The men will cheer and the boys will shout

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

Yeah and we will all turn out

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

The church bells will ring with joy

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

To welcome our darlin' girls and boys

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

We will lift our voice and sound

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home

Yeah, when Johnny comes marching home

Bring 'em home, bring 'em home."

Pro patria,

"Patriotism is not a short and frenzied outburst of emotion but the tranquil
and steady dedication of a lifetime."

-- Adlai E. Stevenson, Jr.