[Vision2020] article from Rep. Trail on the impact of Biofuels on food supply, cost

ttrail at moscow.com ttrail at moscow.com
Tue May 13 14:25:17 PDT 2008

Biofuel Production Soars, Despite Concerns

Dustin Doskocil/flickr

Global biofuel production grew 20% in 2007. The U.S. and Brazil now
produce 95% of the world's ethanol, and Germany leads in biodiesel
production. But is this good news? Recent scientific studies and rising
food prices have provoked international debate about the role that
biofuels should play in our energy system over the coming years.

Follow this link for a concise analysis of the most important biofuels
trends.
http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5450?
utm_campaign=vital_signs_online&utm_medium=email&utm_source=biofuels

Vital Signs Update: Despite Obstacles, Biofuels Continue Surge
Biofuels for Transport

-----

Eye on Earth: Population, Agriculture, Conservation

Worldwatch Vice President Robert Engelman honors Earth Day by reflecting
on our unease with population debates and by discussing his new book, More.

Ben Block explores new, hi-tech ways of conserving species on the
biologically diverse island of Madagascar. He also reports on the recent
call by an international panel of agricultural experts for an end to
environmentally destructive farming methods.

For more, follow this link:

http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5713