[Vision2020] Mothers Lose 10th Annual MLB Mother's Day Game 24-2

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun May 11 12:13:40 PDT 2008

Mothers Lose 10th Annual MLB Mother's Day Game 24-2

COOPERSTOWN — Mothers of current major-leaguers lost their 10th
consecutive Mother's Day game by a score of 24-2 Sunday, the most
resounding win by MLB players in the yearly matchup since 1999. "My mom
and I haven't gotten together in a quite while, so it was so nice to see
her, especially when I blew a 95 mph fastball past her to win the game,"
Josh Beckett said following the game, in which he recorded 13 strikeouts
and one walk. "We always go easy on them, but when A-Rod's mom was
showboating after she hit a double in the sixth, I had to plunk her the
next time she got up. Just a part of the game." Though the mothers' team
put up subpar numbers, Mrs. Weaver's solid seven-inning pitching
performance caught the attention of Mariners' GM Bill Bavasi, who is
reportedly considering her as a possible replacement for struggling
starter Jeff Weaver.

Seeya round town, Moscow.

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)