[Vision2020] rebate checks

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 8 12:17:25 PDT 2008

So -

Roger Falen is suggesting that it would be wrong for those who "never
payed taxes" to receive a stimulus check?

"People that never payed taxes" are those who are not part of any tax
bracket . . . the poor.

Is this right, Mr. Falen?

> I don't think that they will help the economy. It is our money that they
are giving back.
I some cases it is givin to people that never payed taxes to begin with.
In this case it
is a transfer of money form those that earned to to those that did not.
It  would have
been better to have reduced taxes and saved the administrative expense.
> Roger

US?
> > How about our local economy?
> >
> > Have you gotten yours yet?
> >
> > For myself, I plan to throw $200 of it at my line of credit at the
bank
> > that I'm trying to pay down (it's the last debt I have that isn't
backed
> > up with a house or a car) and spend the rest on some stupid gadget I
> > don't need, possibly a Wii.  That's assuming I can find one.  If not a
> > Wii, then maybe a Kindle.  If not a Kindle, then I'll probably just
put
> > it in my checking account and let it help me keep from going negative.
> >
> > Paul

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >                http://www.fsr.net

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)