[Vision2020] rebate checks

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 8 11:42:48 PDT 2008

Moving from Windows Vista to Windows XP . . . GOOD MOVE!

I NEVER purchase a beta, first, or second generation of any softwre,
especially operating systems.

I stayed with Windows 2000 until just a couple years ago when XP was into
its fourth or fifth generation.  I have been with Windows XP ever since.

Netscape has migrated into Flock, a Firefox/Netscape hybrid.

http://flock.com/

Tom

> I've never been been a big fan of Internet Explorer.  I was on Netscape
until their
quality degraded due to lack of funding and then I switched over to
Firefox which performs
very well for me unless I need to go to the Microsoft update page which
forces me over to
IE. Also, has anyone switched over to Vista?  I bought a computer last
year that came
loaded with Vista, but I was having enough subtle trouble with it that I
finally just
reinstalled XP last weekend on that machine.  In my opinion, there isn't
much reason to go
to the Vista OS.

> -Scott

Web
> > to code their html, I hope it's at least closer to being valid.  If
> > you've ever viewed the page source in your browser at some well-known
> > websites, you'll know that we are miles away from the goal of moving
> > a stricter set of standards that can be used unchanged by all browsers.
> >
> > Paul (who codes his html in a text editor called vim and who is tired
of
> > coding it once for all browsers that follow the real standards like
> > Firefox, Opera, and Safari only to have to bend over backwards to make
> > it look good in IE without then screwing it up again for the others)
> >
> > Chasuk wrote:

> >> Expression Web is the best HTML editor I have ever used, and I'd like
> >> to think that I have used them all.  Disclaimer: I hated Frontpage.
> >> Yes, Expression Web (and the rest of the Expression suite) is
> >> available at academic prices.  Version 2 is brand new (I didn't even
> >> know about it), so it might take a little while for the academic
> >> version to reach retail outlets, but the previous academic version has
> >> been in stores for a year or more.  I can't vouch for the price of the
> >> entire suite, but the academic price for Expression Web by itself
> >> is/was $89.
> >>
> >> Chas
> >>
> >> =======================================================
> >>  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >>  serving the communities of the Palouse since 1994.
> >>                http://www.fsr.net
> >>           mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
> >> =======================================================

> >  List services made available by First Step Internet,
> >                http://www.fsr.net
> >

> --
> Windows, OSX, or Linux is the same choice as:
> McDonalds, Burger King, or a (real) Co-Op.

> List services made available by First Step Internet,
>               http://www.fsr.net

>  List services made available by First Step Internet,

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)