[Vision2020] rebate checks

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Thu May 8 05:40:52 PDT 2008

I have never purchased any software from the UI Bookstore.  Their prices
are too high, higher than Cactus Computer (where I purchased my software
when I was a student) and Staples (where I currently purchase most of my
software) or online.

During the entire 16 years that I have been living here in Vandalville (4
years as a UI student), the only purchases I have made out of the UI
bookstore are textbooks for classes.

Textbooks.  Now, there is a REAL racket.  If the publisher does as much as
change the design cover, it becomes a new edition and previous editions
are considered obsolete and inappropriate for class studies.  Jeesh!

> And how much do these two Microsoft software
> packages cost? Does the UI Bookstore offer them
> at "academic" prices?
>
> MoscowSam, an old Frontpage user.
>
> Tom Hansen wrote:
> > Although I have been using Microsoft FrontPage (what seems like)
> > forever . . . To make my websites considerably more interactive,
database-
> > friendly, and downright gnarly I am going to step up to . . .
> >
> > Microsoft Expression Studio 2
> > http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/purchase.aspx?key=studio
> >
> > And now that they have worked out almost all the bugs, I will couple
the
> > MS Expression Studio with the newst generation of . . .
> >
> > Microsoft Office 2007
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/products/FX101211561033.aspx
> >
> > About the only things I am going to leave untouched are a couple
graphics
> > packages I've been using.
> >
> > Ooooh, yeah.
> >
> > As my favorite sitcom dad, Al Buny, says . . .
> >
> > "Let's rock!"
> >
> > Tom Hansen
> > Moscow, Idaho
> >

> >> Paul,
> >>
> >> I was thinking of putting our family's rebate into a savings account
for

> > my
> >
> >> 12 year old seeing as he will be the one paying for it down the road.
> >>
> >> Kris

US?