[Vision2020] PCEI Climate Change Forum Discussion On Local Blog

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 14:06:52 PDT 2008

All-

A mere mention of the fact that our local cool weather the past few days
says absolutely nothing about long term global climate trends, given the
difference between local seasonal weather variability and long term global
climate change, inspires this response from local blog right-mind.us:

http://right-mind.us/blogs/blog_0/archive/2008/03/27/58989.aspx
-----------
I suggest presenting these arguments and data to a panel of well
credentialed climate scientists who host an award winning website/blog on
climate science, Realclimate:

http://www.realclimate.org
-----------
However, given that some of the issues presented in the response on
right-mind.us above, have already been discussed in detail on this website,
you may just be referred to the previous discussions:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/category/climate-science/sun-earth-connections/page/2/

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php/archives/category/climate-science/sun-earth-connections/
-----------
I am merely a concerned citizen with no specialized scientific
expertise, who studies the scientific consensus on anthropogenic climate
change (and what we can do to address the problem), if there is one, which
it appears quite likely there is, given the consensus position on the issue
arrived at by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change:

http://www.ipcc.ch/
Scientist Gavin Schmidt, offering his expertise in the discussions on
sunspot correlations with Earth's climate (The Trouble With Sunspots) at the
URL above on Realclimate, is a specialized climate science expert, revealed
by the bios on Schmidt at the URLs below.  If you truly want to debate an
expert on climate science, someone of Schmidt's caliber would provide a
worthy challenge:

http://www.realclimate.org/index.php?p=46

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/~gavin/