[Vision2020] Smart Growth/ was Recall the city council

Garrett Clevenger garrettmc at verizon.net
Mon Mar 24 12:44:51 PDT 2008

Ted asks:

"Do you really think the mall owner would want to
deliberately undermine the business interests of his
tenants?"

That's a good question, as it seems the decision
regarding the bus, and the reason given for doing so,
indicate the owner undermined his tenants.  You'd have
to ask him, though, if he really thinks his decision
is worth the business the mall is obviously losing as
a result.

It is quite possible that the council sincerely thinks
the Hawkins decision is best for Moscow.  I have no
idea how "corrupt" these people really are.  It could
be (at least Bill Lambert and Wayne Krauss admitted
such) that they are merely amateurs.  It could be they
just do not think on a bigger scale than their limited
sphere.  Which is why they should not be making big
decisions without adequate public input.

I do know that Walter Steed and Dan Carscallen misled
me when they said they did not support the noise
ordinance proposal, but then went ahead and voted for
it when they had a better alternative compromise.  So
either they didn't think through their vote, changed
their mind, or all along were lying to me.  Whatever
the case, I question how reasonable these people are
considering even the Chief of Police agreed with the
noise ordinance compromise. Yet the council
unreasonably decided to thwart our First Amendment
right, without adequately addressing concerns the new
NO raises.

So I don't trust the judgment of the council.  I agree
they are amateurs.  They more than likely will make
other bad decision we will have to live with.  Perhaps
they will start being more reasonable, but as G W Bush
said, "Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice,
won't get fooled again."  Or was that The Who?

gclev

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/19/business/19interview.html?_r=1&oref=slogin