[Vision2020] Food/gas prices

Ellen Roskovich gussie443 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 24 09:46:19 PDT 2008

Oh, yes. . . the ethanol/corn thingy.  Isn't that the rationale behind raping and burning the rainforests.  Gotta get rid of those damn big trees and create farmland.  Nevermind that it's estimated that 90% of the logging in Brazil is illegal. . .that people are being murdered. . .  just hurry up and cut down those trees so I can run out and buy 3/4 inch solid purpleheart flooring.  What!? Sustainability?  Certified source?  Chain of Custody?  What the H**L  are you talking about?  Just shut the H**L up and gimmee my purpleheart flooring NOW.  Oh, wait a minute. . . . rip out that purpleheart.  It was cheap stuff anyway.  I think I want Brazilian Cherry instead.  Just gimmee.  I am an American Consumer and I DESERVE a key to the jungle!

Ellen A. Roskovich

Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:31:30 -0700From: jeanlivingston at turbonet.comTo: gussie443 at hotmail.com; vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: Re: [Vision2020] Food/gas prices
The push toward ethanol creation through corn  needs to be factored into your calculation.  It's not just oil that is causing the problem.

Bruce Livingston

-----Original message-----From: Ellen Roskovich gussie443 at hotmail.comDate: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 08:22:27 -0700To: vision2020 at moscow.comSubject: [Vision2020] Food/gas prices> > Yesterday afternoon I noticed some bare spots in the cupboard and decided it was a good time for a Winco run. As I walked up and down each aisle I noticed that all the familiar products I've been buying for years have their prices jacked up 20 - 25%!! And that's just since the first of the year. These aren't seasonal adjustments we're talking about either. . . . I know this is a direct result of the rising gas prices. I'm paying more for my Nalley's chili and my kitty's Friskies.> > I've decided they must be feeding chickens crude oil because the price of eggs have been through the roof for months now. Usually you see a price break around Easter, but not really this year.> > I'm used to volatile cheese prices. . . a real pain in the patooty for pizzeria owners. . .but what's up with flour? I've heard there's a shortage and I noticed that Winco has raised their French bread. . .about 20%. You can't blame them. . . they're not running a charitable institution.> > But it just really sucks when you realize that because of the rising fuel prices, you're getting kicked in the ass and socked in the gut.> > Ellen A. Roskovich> _________________________________________________________________> In a rush? Get real-time answers with Windows Live Messenger.> http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/overview.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_realtime_042008>