[Vision2020] New pledge of alligance written by a 15 year oldinArizona

keely emerinemix kjajmix1 at msn.com
Sat Mar 22 09:29:31 PDT 2008

I'm fascinated at the thought that taking the enormous personal risk to come here and work back-breaking, underpaid hours in dangerous, unforgiving agricultural settings or poorly regulated factories while buying goods from the local economy constitutes "just taking from" this country.  Further, my decade-plus of working with undocumented immigrants gave me a scant handful of examples of people who came here with the intention of returning to Mexico, and none of those who did so with the idea that they had really put the shaft to us gabachos.

Dios mio.

Keely