[Vision2020] Church Urges Climate Change

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 21:56:47 PDT 2008

On 3/10/08, keely emerinemix <kjajmix1 at msn.com> wrote:

> And my thanks to Ted for his tireless work to educate us on environmental
> issues, ...

Thanks, keely, for the feedback.  Some on this list, however, no doubt view
my contributions regarding environmental issues, which are mostly aimed at
anthropogenic climate change, as "tiresome" rather than "tireless."  This is
understandable.  The changes in lifestyle, consumption, and energy use, that
may be required to substantively address anthropogenic climate change, will
be resisted obstinately by many.  As oil hit $108+ a barrel today, a new
record high, I suddenly realized (as if I did not know that this might
happen??!!)what this might mean for my lifestyle, my access to the goods and
services I value. It's all good and well to advocate for change to address
pending environmental problems.  But when it means a personal sacrifice, or
radical change in lifestyle, then sometimes even the progressive
environmentalists in the USA raise a howl...

Ted Moffett