[Vision2020] Of, By & 4

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sat Mar 8 06:52:19 PST 2008

Arnold stated:

"First of all, Catholics, not fundamentalists, are the dominate religion
in the military."

I do not know about the other branches of military service, but the Army,
as of September 2005 measures up as follows:

Protestant  51%
Catholic  21%
Other  2%
Faith Group Not Specified  26%

"In FY05 there were nearly 200 religious organizations represented in the
Army, with the majority of Soldiers reported beinig affiliated with the
Christian Faith."

Source:

"Army Demographics" (PDF format)
http://tinyurl.com/29jj7v

Published by:
Dr. Betty D. Maxwell, Chief
Office of Army Demographics
Deputy Chief of Staff, Army G-1
Headquarters, Department of the Army
Washington, DC

I am guessing that the last group, Faith Group Not Specified, consists
primarily of soldiers who are not strongly religious or simply do not
acknowledge any specific faith group over the others.