[Vision2020] Correction to the Meterley Report

nickgier at adelphia.net nickgier at adelphia.net
Mon Mar 3 12:33:47 PST 2008

Greetings:

I have received the following correction to my column "The Meterley Report."  I will make the correction to the on-line version, just as I do with all other corrections (very few actually) that I've made to my 100 plus columns.

Nick Gier

The University, to its credit, did not renew the contract with Stamats, the Iowa company that brought us the “Open Space, Open Minds” slogan and the “No Fences” campaign.  Instead, the University contracted with MMG (Marketing Media Group) of Boise, which has spent the past six months trying to come up with a new campaign that better reflects the strengths of Moscow and the UI.

MMG came up with “A Legacy of Leading” and other campaign materials – so it’s not the “same firm.”  And I don’t know the exact size of the contract, but I know that it’s not $900,000 a year.