[Vision2020] Banditry is Not an Option Was: Economists

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Sun Mar 2 13:43:59 PST 2008

The US Government seizing control of oil rigs in order to maintain oil
prices.

Government-controlled commerce?  Hmmm.

This sounds all too familiar.

Now, how does this distinguish our form of government from . . . oh,
say . . . er . . . uh . . . Communism?

> I am relieved that  your plan does not involve taking over oil rigs in
othe> r countries.

> I don't know that I want soldiers running oil rigs though.  Your plan
still>  involves a taxpayer subsidy, since it requires government workers
running
> these rigs, and additionally there is a 'takings' problem when we seize
pri> vate property.

> Sunil
>
> Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 13:08:14 -0800
> From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Banditry is Not an Option Was: Economists
Predict> ed $90/Barrel...
> To: sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
> CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
>
> Sunil,     You have way too much of an overactive imagination. You are
obvi> ously unaware that many oil rigs are sitting in the ocean unmanned,
and
tur> ned off so that it drives up the oil prices. We don't have to go to
other
n> ations, or take anything the government and taxpayers didn't pay for in
one>  way or another. We don't need to kill or shoot anyone. Just take back
what>  is US property that was abandoned.      The United States Government
shoul> d produce its own oil, 30% of US supply, so it can control the
market rate
> for oil, in much the same way we control interest rates. If the United
Stat> e produced its own oil, it could sell oil at a lower rate to drive
down
its>  market price down. If it sold oil for $80 a barrel, it would drive
the
bar> rel price down. It would also eliminate our dependence on foreign
nations,
> and our need to readily invade other nations that do produce it and won't
g> ive it to us
>  at an affordable rate.      Regards,     Donovan
>
> Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:      Snide?
Snide?
> I credit you with 'Swiftian' and I get 'snide?'
>
> Donovan, it seems to me the oil rigs you think we should consider taking
ov> er are in other countries and belong to other people.  You appear to be
adv> ocating invasions of other countries to steal their property.  So we
should>  underwrite immense war debt to subsidize fuel prices?  (I'm
setting aside
> the moral aspects here for simplicity's sake, so we'll leave out the dead
f> oreign people for a moment.)

> Or did I miss something?  Were all the oil
>  wells here in the US?
>
> Sunil
>
>       Date: Sun, 2 Mar 2008 01:13:55 -0800
> From: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
> Subject: Re: [Vision2020] Banditry is Not an Option Was: Economists
Predict> ed $90/Barrel...
> To: sunilramalingam at hotmail.com
> CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
>
>   Sunil,     Thanks for the snide remarks. It certainly adds to the
quality>  of emails here on the community Viz.         Best Regards,
Donovan

> Sunil Ramalingam <sunilramalingam at hotmail.com> wrote:      The President
ha> s already embarked on phase 1 of Donovan's Swiftian proposal.  It's
>  called the Iraq War, and thus far it hasn't worked as planned.
>
> Sunil
>
> > Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 17:56:42 -0800
> > From: chasuk at gmail.com
> > To: donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
> > CC: vision2020 at moscow.com
> > Subject: [Vision2020] Banditry is Not an Option Was: Economists
Predicted>  $90/Barrel...

========================> =========================> ======

========================> =========================> ======

========> =========================> ======================
> List services made available by First Step Internet,
> http://www.fsr.net
> mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com
>
>       Be a better friend, newshound, and
> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it
now.>

"People who ridicule others while hiding behind anonymous monikers in chat-
room forums are neither brave nor clever."

- Latah County Sheriff Wayne Rausch (August 21,
2007)