[Vision2020] Carbon Loading Of Atmosphere An Expermiment I Do Want Want To Conduct

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 01:06:17 PST 2008

After watching Craig Venter discuss his life and work, as portrayed in his
book, "A Life Decoded: My Genome: My Life," on C-Span, a presentation during
which he emphasized the risks of the global experiment in climate change
posed by the huge atmospheric CO2 emissions that may result from China and
India industrializing, based on a fossil fueled model, let alone the USA and
Europe, I was impressed.  He stated simply, "I am an experimental scientist,
but this is an experiment I do not want to conduct," referring to CO2
emission induced climate change.  And this is exactly the point.  Conceding
the uncertainty in the science of climate change, do we wish to take the
risk of inducing the IPCC predictions of the high end of the damage that
anthropogenic climate change may induce?  Is this experiment worth the risk?

A Life Decoded: My Genome: My Life

http://www.jcvi.org/

http://www.edge.org/3rd_culture/bios/venter.html