[Vision2020] [Bulk] No Predictive Power In Belief in God?

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 28 18:04:51 PDT 2008

I mean that a belief in a deity is not predictive in a scientific
sense.  "Knowing" there is a God doesn't tell you if a given stock will
go up, if our sun will expand into a Red Giant in the next 100 years,
whether there was ever life on Mars, or even if Obama will win this
election.

One of the measures of how good a scientific theory is is how useful it
is.

Maybe the wording "in any way" was a bit too harsh.  I suppose it's
possible that God would tell someone how the Universe is put together
and what the applicable laws are.

Paul