[Vision2020] False dillema was Dennis Avery

Kai Eiselein fotopro63 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 26 22:44:27 PDT 2008

No false dillema, Doc.
What happened "in the beginning"?
Paul's statement that the big bang theory doesn't try to explain "the beginning", may be true, but is still a dodge.
Any scientist worth his, or her, salt would ask "What happened before that? And before that? Why? How?"
How did that "something" get there? What came BEFORE the big bang? HOW did matter originate?  What caused it to go bang?"
Most, if not all, of the cultures on the face of this planet have a creation story. Those stories predate the written word, like it or not, those stories are a part of of humankind's collective memory; a memory that stretches back thousands of years.
Modern science dates back, what, three, maybe four hundred years?
Remember, modern science is just now tapping into the knowledge and collective memory of indigenous peoples in search of medicines. At one time science laughed at these same people as being backwards and unsophisticated, as it turns out their knowledge/memory, which reaches back into the earliest of times, may very well hold the key to cure many of our ills.
Yet, creation stories are tossed off like so much chaff and we are to believe in science without question.
While I'm not particulary religious, and I AM fascinated by our universe, I'll take my chances with the wisdom of the ancients that there was nothing before a Greater Being created something.