[Vision2020] [Bulk] Re: Learning From History

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 25 21:29:23 PDT 2008

Paul,

I would trust the lawyers to do what they consider their duty which would be to get their client free, guilty or innocent. And I have no doubt some would succeed in freeing some terrorists. And some of those terrorists will kill innocent people.

As to trusting those that put their life on the line for me and you. Yes, I trust that 90% of police and military personal are honest people trying to serve their community to the best of their ability. They have no will to torture or harm innocent people. They all take oaths not to do that. They want to serve and protect their communities. I think you can seperate the responsiblities of the military to make sure that the captors are not the ones conducting the research to bring to a fair and imparitial military tribunial to determine their degree of being a threat to national security. Our current overseas prisons should not have any torture. I put that blame on Bush, and solely on Bush.

Lawyers simple do their best to get their client free, even if they are guilty or suspect they are guilty. I think MOST lawyers are about money, making as much of it as they can, and building a record of always winning. Lawyers will not be interested in finding who is really a terrorist or not. In fact, most if any, will even ask their clients.

Generally, I like and trust police officers and military personal. And generally, I don't like lawyers and politicans.

I think most courts work fine. However, I think a huge number of them let the gulity go and punish the innocent. So for civil cases, where the stakes are low, they work fine. But when the stakes are high, like the death of thousands or millions, I don't trust the courts that much.

Best Regards,

Donovan