[Vision2020] Learning From History

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Mon Jun 23 13:34:28 PDT 2008

Tom
There is no comparison between the incarceration of US citizens of japanese descent and those at GIMO. The japanese were innocent law abiding citizens. Most of those at GIMO were captured on the battlefield, others were arrested for terrorist activities. The US citizens who were arrested for terrorist activities might legitimately be subject to the US Court System. Those that were capture in battle should not be. As previously stated by other there were German and Italian prisoner of war camps in the US. These were legitimate as are the battle field detainee at GITMO.
Roger