[Vision2020] Idaho's 23 Democratic Delegates

Chasuk chasuk at gmail.com
Sun Jun 15 14:18:32 PDT 2008

On Sun, Jun 15, 2008 at 14:09, Janesta <janesta at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was wondering the same thing. If the are going to specify race, then ALL
> of the people listed should have their race after their name, not just a
> select group.

I'm afraid I don't see the problem.  "White" is the default race in
Idaho.  To specify a default would add nothing notable or surprising,
whereas the disproportionate presence of minorities on  the list does
add information that is notable and (at least marginally) surprising.

We don't specify that McCain is white, after all.  But we do specify
that Barack is black and Clinton is a woman.

Chas