[Vision2020] [Bulk] La Nina? March-May 2008: Idaho 2nd.Coolest In Lower 48, Oregon 1st, Washington 3rd.

Paul Rumelhart godshatter at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 14 16:07:54 PDT 2008

Color me confused, but didn't we just go through a cold, snowy, wet,
active winter here in Moscow?  I seem to remember the University being
closed for a couple of days and having to shovel some snow off the roof
of my house for the first time ever.  Isn't that expected in a La Nina year?

It's also not clear that La Nina or El Nino years have much correlation
with global warming, positive or negative.

As I've tried to make clear, it's complex.

While looking around for real-time sunspot numbers (I haven't found any
yet), I came across a science article from the BBC in 2004 that claims
that the Sun has been the most active in the past 60 years than at any
other time in the past 1000 years.

Isn't it possible that the Sun is having a warming effect that is
exacerbated or amplified by the CO2 we've been dumping into the air?
Does it have to anthropogenic-only or nothing?

Since the Sun seems to have stalled on it's climb back up to activity
this solar cycle, maybe we'll get a break.

Paul