[Vision2020] Deer downtown

Donovan Arnold donovanjarnold2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 10 23:13:07 PDT 2008

Saundra asks:
  "Does anyone know the outcome of the deer vs town encounter?"

  Was delicious with my beer. ~burp~ : D

  DC writes:
  "I hope this ended just as happily, with our four-legged friend ambling off to greener pastures, so to speak."

  The deer will eventually get to the pastures, so to speak. : )

Dan Carscallen <areaman at moscow.com> wrote:
      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  o\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  w\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }  .shape {   BEHAVIOR: url(#default#VML)  }      @font-face {   font-family: Cambria Math;  }  @font-face {   font-family: Calibri;  }  @font-face {   font-family: Tahoma;  }  @page Section1 {size: 8.5in 11.0in; margin: 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; }  P.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"  }  LI.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"  }  DIV.MsoNormal {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"  }  A:link {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlink {   COLOR: blue; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99  }  A:visited {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION: underline; mso-style-priority: 99  }  SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {   COLOR: purple; TEXT-DECORATION:
 underline; mso-style-priority: 99  }  P {   FONT-SIZE: 12pt; MARGIN-LEFT: 0in; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0in; FONT-FAMILY: "Times New Roman","serif"; mso-style-priority: 99; mso-margin-top-alt: auto; mso-margin-bottom-alt: auto  }  SPAN.EmailStyle18 {   COLOR: #1f497d; FONT-FAMILY: "Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-style-type: personal-reply  }  .MsoChpDefault {   FONT-SIZE: 10pt; mso-style-type: export-only  }  DIV.Section1 {   page: Section1  }      Saundra asks:
  "Does anyone know the outcome of the deer vs town encounter?"

  I was wondering myself.  I didn't hear of it until I got home from the Officer Newbill Safety Fair (which was well attended despite the weather -- Thank you, Moscow!), and -- from the traffic on the radio -- it sounded like the renegade ungulate was just biding her time, taking it easy and staying curled up in that doorway, as Carl intimated earlier.  Maybe she was just thirsty.  I hope we see something tonight in the Daily News.

  While historically there have been poor results in this type of situation (I recall a deer falling into a silage pit up on campus and having to be euthenized), it seems that Moscow's Finest have been able to quell any disastrous outcomes during recent encounters (a bear and a moose come to mind).  I hope this ended just as happily, with our four-legged friend ambling off to greener pastures, so to speak.

  DC
List services made available by First Step Internet,
mailto:Vision2020 at moscow.com