[Vision2020] Upton Sinclair's Novel "There Will Be Blood"

Ted Moffett starbliss at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 23:11:57 PDT 2008

Paris Hilton is very sexy, no doubt about it, as many men agree.  There are
a lot of sexy women and men that are trying to make it big being sexy...
Paris had the advantages of wealth and connections... But Paris Hilton's
sexiness is certainly a result of scoring high in the genetic lottery of
sexiness... Or did her parents have her genetically engineered?  This day
may come, but we are not there yet.

If Paris looked like Rosie O'Donnell, what would have happened to her as a
celebrity?  Not much.  Paris is not smart and funny and aggressive (as far
as I know...) like Rosie...who is a good example of a women making it big
being smart and funny and in your face, not sexy.  Progress!

I am correcting a rather clumsy, confusing and insufficiently broad sentence
in the post on "Upton Sinclair's Novel..."

This sentence should read more like the sentence below it:

To conduct an experiment in equal wealth distribution to discover who would
rise and fall in the end in their adulthood based only on their economic
birth status, would demand everyone be given the same in womb and childhood
environment... Impossible.

To conduct an experiment in equal wealth distribution to discover who would
rise and fall, based solely on their abilities, after their wealth was
equalized in adulthood, would demand everyone be given the same in womb
(babies from mothers who use alcohol in pregnancy, for example, sometimes
have a disadvantage) and childhood environment, which is impossible; and
that after wealth re-distribution, all the business and economic class
connections that are a critical aspect of achieving success were also
equalized, without, it goes without saying, anyone suffering prejudice based
on skin color, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, political
allegiances, philosophy (unless in employment where these parameters are
essential to the job, such as employment by the Republican National
Committee being limited to declared Republicans, or not allowing atheists
employment at Moscow's Christ Church); height, weight or sexual
attractiveness (unless in a sexiness, sports or fitness based business),
clothing, makeup or hair care preferences (unless in a modeling or cosmetics
or beauty oriented business), favorite food, cars, sports teams, musical
artists, or film directors (unless working in culinary, automotive, sports,
music or film related businesses), etc. etc. etc., so that if you (to pick
the last example of potential prejudice from this list), a master
mechanic, apply for work, for example, at Joe's Garage, having nothing to do
with film, and they won't hire you because you worship Michael Moore, and
they all hate Michael Moore, given they worship George W. Bush, you are
unjustly being denied employment.

Stopping unfair treatment in the competitive marketplace is so hard...
Prejudice lurks everywhere... I mean, is there ever a homely man or women
anchoring CNN, MSNBC or FOX News, regardless of how talented a journalist or
brilliant?  Don't beautiful people have an unfair advantage in the job
market?  I want to see the elephant man hosting Larry King Live... He'd
probably do a better job...They should post a clarification on the CNN
hiring website, "No ugly people need apply for newscaster."

http://www.cnn.com/JOBS/

CNN is an equal opportunity employer. In order to ensure equal employment
opportunity for every applicant, all hiring decisions will be made without
regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
citizenship status, veteran status, or disability. The Company is firmly
committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of
employment, and the Company will fully comply with all applicable federal,
state, and local statutes pertaining to employment.
B*lls**t

Ted Moffett