[Vision2020] FW: The Nation, 6/30/08

Scott Dredge sdredge at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 30 13:10:39 PDT 2008

Oh...I would guess...none of them made the choice to abuse drugs or alcohol.  If logic came into play on this sort of thing, no one would choose it, wouldn't you agree?  My cousin's ex-husband recently died at age 50 of liver and kidney failure due to excess drinking.  He had two university degrees so he was at least intelligent and motivated enough to set and achieve long term goals, but he had no ability stay away from a bottle of booze.  Did he have a choice?  Are drug addictions and addictions so easily handled that they can just be put aside by choice?  Not being addicted to either drugs or alcohol, I wouldn't have first hand knowledge but unlike you I wouldn't point an accusatory finger at anyone with an addiction and say,'ya know, it's your own damn fault!'.  For what it's worth, my human weakness is that I salivate at the sight of anyone in a skirt.  I have no choice on that one, it's just the way it is.

-Scott

Wed Jul 30 12:19:57 PDT 2008