[Vision2020] Unbelievable! Canadian Arar Comission On US RenderingOf Arar To Syrian Torture

Ralph Nielsen nielsen at uidaho.edu
Sat Jul 26 09:37:49 PDT 2008

Arar was on his way home to Toronto and had to change planes in New
York. The simplest thing for the Americans to do was to send him on
his way home. I also blame the complaisant Conservative government of
Canada for not being on the ball with such cases. The Minister of
Public Safety is a right-wing Christian fundamentalist preacher. Need
I say more?

Ralph

lfalen lfalen at turbonet.com
Thu Jul 24 10:49:08 PDT 2008

It is hard to understand the actions of some government officials. It
would appear that he should have been turned over to the Canadians
not Syria. whether Bush had anything to do with it is is open to
question. However there were two boarder guards who were arrested and
put in prison for shooting a drug dealer who was trying to escape.
Bush has refused to review the case or grant them a pardon. They were
doing their job. Nether of these events should have happened.

This is the best country on earth but bad things still happen at the
federal and local level. I will tell a story of something that happen
a few years ago in Nevada. A neighbor of my brothers got a phone call
that his son was in an accident and was severely injured on the
highway a short distance away. He got in his car an headed down the
road. At the scene the road was blocked and he was told that he could
not go down to the scene even after telling that it was his son. He
got in his car and drove around the road block. The State Patrolman
who was at the road block ordered him out of the car at gun point. He
was arrested and taken to the jail in Reno.  He was allowed to call
his wife to tell her that their son was dead and he was in jail. He
was latter released and told that the Patrolman had over reacted.
When they tried to check on the records latter. there wern"t any.
According to the records, it never happened.
Roger