[Vision2020] Info Regarding Political Signs

Tom Hansen thansen at moscow.com
Mon Jul 21 15:39:49 PDT 2008

B.J. Swanson stated:

"Compare those signs with the two junk cars that have been rusting away on
the south side of the building near the Latah Eagle.  They've been there
for years and are sinking into the dirt."

Them cars ain't rustin' away, Beedge.  They's just gettin that Idaho
rustic look.  And, besides, I hear tell that the Latah Eagle done got them
declared as local historical landmarks.  And another dang thing, what with
the price of gasohleen, we's likely to see more of them historical
landmarks poppin up.

> Somehow, the Obama sign on Hayes and the Paul sign on Sixth Street
didn't
> offend me at all.  They were within legal size limits and were well
> maintained.
>
> Compare those signs with the two junk cars that have been rusting away
on
> the south side of the building near the Latah Eagle.  They've been there
> for years and are sinking into the dirt.  This may be freedom of
> expression or private property rights, but it's pretty disgusting.
> Compare the issues here:  Junk cars vs. political signs.  Both on
private
> property but one is illegal.
>
> If there has to be an ordinance against political signs on private
> property, can there also be an ordinance against junk cars?
>
> B. J.
Swanson